Just for Fun.....
Folks, I live in Iowa, and I can answer almost all of these with a 'Yes'!.
You're an Iowan If ....
[ Cartoons ]
[ FunnyBone ]
[ Fun Programs ]
[ Fun Websites ]
[ Games ]
[ Holiday Treats ]
[ Inspiration ]
[ Midis ]
[ Motivation ]
[ Quotes ]
[ Recipes ]
[ Trivia ]
[ Useful Tips ]
- You've never met any celebrities.
- Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on the highway. (YES!!)
- You measure distance in minutes.
- You know several people who have hit a deer (In my immediate family alone, we have hit deer 8 times!)
- You have no problem spelling or pronouncing 'Des Moines'.
- You think ethanol makes your truck 'run better'.
- You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July. (Yes! Sweet Corn :)
- You see people wear bib overalls at funerals.
- You see a car running in the parking lot at the store with no one in it no matter what time of year.
- All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit or vegetable.
- You can locate Iowa on the United States map.
- Your first job was 'detassling'.
- You say catty wampes instead of kitty-corner.
- You learn your pickup will run without a muffler. (uh-huh)
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
- You think of the major four food groups as beef, pork, beer, and Jello-O salad with marshmallows.
- You drink 'pop'.
- You know the meaning of 'cow tipping' and you've probably done it. (Not yet.... :)
- You only own 3 spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup.
- You design your kids' Halloween costume to fit over a snow suit.
- You have more miles on your snow blower than on your car.
- You have at least 10 favorite recipes for hamburger (at least!)
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
- Your snow blower gets stuck on your roof.
- The local paper covers national and international headlines on one page, but requires six pages for sports.
- You describe -20 Degrees F as 'chilly'.
- You know all the 4 seasons: Winter, Still Winter, Almost Winter, and Construction. (LOL..so true!)
- You've read this list and think it all makes sense!
Disclaimer: These items have come to me through various sources. I have included the author's name whenever possible. If you wrote any of these and would like credit, please write me with your name and the title of the article.
Site last updated: Monday, September 02, 2013
Webdesign & development by IRC Beginner.com
All rights reserved © 1998-2005