Virus, Trojan, & Security Solutions
We've compiled a resource of materials for those visiting this site for virus information, or for
those coming here for help with removing a virus. Every effort has been made to ensure that the
information presented here is accurate and as up-to-date as possible. (Thanks Kermit!)
Online Virus Scanners[ top ]
These links will open up to websites that can do an online virus scan of your computer.
All of these online scan sites are FREE to use.
AntiVirus Programs[ top ]
These programs are meant to be downloaded and then installed to your computer.
These will run in the background providing reliable security against viruses (and most trojans & worms).
Important to note: To be effective, these programs MUST be kept updated on a regular basis. Most will have an automatic update feature
which is very helpful.
Specific Virus Removal Tools[ top ]
Know the virus you have and want a tool to specifically remove that?
Check at these sites -- lots of tools available.
Tools that work with mIRC & other Chat Programs[ top ]
- Rav AntiVirus -- Trillian, ICQ, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, AIM
- BitDefender -- File Transfer Protection for mIRC, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, ICQ, NetMeeting
- Hack Fix - IRC Trojan Website with some information for IRC-related trojans
Trojan Scanners and Cleaners[ top ]
- Comparison Study - Very Interesting! Side-by-side comparisons of the ability of several of the below-listed programs to detect trojans.
- Swat It - FREE Detection and removal program for Trojans, Worms, Bots and other Hacker programs (manually started)
- Anti-Trojan Shield - Detection and removal of trojan horses as well as protection against them
- PC Door Guard - Detection and removal of viruses, backdoors and trojans
- Pest Patrol - protects against trojans, hacker tools, keyloggers, spyware, adware, and more
- Sygate Trojanscan - ONLINE trojan scanner (other online tools available too)
- Tauscan - Detection and removals of trojans and backdoors
- The Cleaner - Detection and removal of trojans (comprehensive)
- Mega Security - Site containing links to trojan removal tools
- Mega Security - Site containing links to programs and products helpful for the security conscious
- HackFix - Website with a great deal of very helpful information
Top Most Prevalent Virus, Worm, and Trojan Infections[ top ]
If you suspect your system to be infected with one of the viruses listed below, check for some free tools that
will help you to repair the damages here: Specific Virus Removal Tools
- Love Letter
- Life Stages
Virus Encyclopedias & Glossaries[ top ]
Virus Hoaxes[ top ]
Firewalls[ top ]
Guard Against Email SPAM[ top ]
Test Your PC[ top ]
These sites will check to see if your PC is secure against attacks
- Anonymizer - Protect your privacy while you surf
- HackerWhacker - See your computer the way hackers do (portscan)
- Leak Test - Test your personal firewall to see if it leaks your private data to the Internet
- pcAudit - A program developed to simulate an attack by a "hacker".
- pcRemote - Remotely checks the ports most often used by a hacker to attack your computer.
- pcSuper Scanner (port scanner) ISA has developed a proprietary scanner that can test ALL of the 65,535 communication ports on your computer, checking for both client and server connection types.
- PestPatrol Port Checker - FREE - check ports for trojan activity
- Port Detective - FREE (port checker) Reports on port status: Open, Blocked, or In Use
- Sygate Quickscan - ONLINE (quick and accurate scan of your computer to detect open, closed, and blocked ports.)
- Sygate Stealthscan - ONLINE (uses various stealthing techniques to penetrate firewalls)
- Symantec Security Check - ONLINE (scan of your computer to check for security leaks)
- Shields Up! - Steve Gibson - Checks the security of your computer's connection to the Internet.
Tutorials pertaining to Virus Safety, IRC Safety, and Privacy Issues[ top ]
We wish you well in your quest to remove virus, worm, or trojan infections from your computer. Please
join us in #Beginner if you'd like additional help, and we will try our best to either help you, or will
direct you towards other possible resources.
[ Home ]
[ Gallery ]
[ IRC Help ]
[ Op/Voice Info ]
[ Just for Fun ]
[ Visitor Stats]
[ Sitemap ]
[ Guestbook ]
[ EMail ]